Sunday 19 June 2016

Mount Maunganui Anzac War Memorial Cenotaph


I've recently started to get back into my morning walks, I've been quite lazy over the last few months so yesterday I ventured out around 7.30am and walked along Marine Parade past the War Memorial Cenotaph next to Mount Maunganui Beach. Every Anzac Day people and military gather at this spot to pay homage to our fallen soldiers and those who gave their lives for our country. The skies and sea look very peaceful and calming in this photo don't they?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed Amy, looks very peaceful and what an awesome sky! Must be nice to walk around there, especially early in the morning.
Have a fine sunday!

Rhonda Albom said...

Agreed, peaceful photo, although 7.30 seems so early in winter. I prefer to walk in the warmer afternoon.

Wayne said...

It's a beautiful and calming photo.

As much as I love the peacefulness of the morning, I hate to get up to enjoy it. Tomorrow, I will have my coffee outside to take in the sights and sounds.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love peaceful mornings ... Your Beautiful photo! Is an incentive to me to start my morning walks again. We're traveling so it's a bit harder to do, but well soon be settled down for awhile!

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...