Sunday 13 March 2016

2016 Knight's Tattoo Cup Tournament in Tauranga


Last week at the Tauranga Art and Tattoo expo we sat down outside and watched these guys mock fighting with each other. Dressed in makeshift medieval armoury the Tauranga Armoured Combat Club were competing in the Medieval Battles Tournament against other likeminded faux knights, I believe these competitors were from both Australia and New Zealand.

Looking at them I thought their armour looked quite heavy, however this article says one of them makes his own.  The winning team takes home the battle prize: The Tattoo Cup :-)

10 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

So cool. My daughter does LARP and they dress up and battle also, but with soft weapons.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the medieval armoury looks heavy. It would be fun to watch a mock battle. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

cieldequimper said...

It's strange to see knights down under!

carol l mckenna said...

Looks likes a fun time and you got a new tattoo here I guess ~ ^_^

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

NatureFootstep said...

I guess those guys had fun. :)

Photo Cache said...

I am so fascinated by dress up festivals like this, although I haven't been to one.

Pauline said...

Now that's a hobby with a difference!

Wayne said...

That's not as heavy as I would have thought, but I still wouldn't want to wear one on a summer day.

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, that looks so cool! I love dress-up festivals. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

All those various re-enactors are so dedicated to their "other lives"... I really admire their dedication and always enjoy the spectacles ...we've never followed any on purpose but have stumbled across several in our travels ...medieval, civil war (US) and revolutionary War .., fun stuff to see.

Cobden Observation Post

  We've been living in Greymouth nearly 2 years now and we finally got to complete this walk to the Cobden WW2 Observation Post . It too...