Sunday 1 February 2015

Spring roadtrip to the Historic Puhoi Pub - Est 1879




What an amazing place the Puhoi Pub is - its about an hour or so from where I live just off the main highway that leads to Auckland. This photo above I took last year in Spring was when I was travelling through the area on a one off road trip. According to the Puhoi Historical Society it was built in 1879. Puhoi village was apparently first settled by German Immigrants along the nearby river and also has an antique shop, cheese factory and museum. I plan to take my teens there at some point - think another road trip is in order...

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

I love road trips as you find the neatest places, just like your pub. Thanks for sharing it Amy. Wonderful photo!

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...